Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sing! Sing! Sing!

Megumi Haggerty plays Kaylin, Megumi is today's blogger.

Hi! This is the first time I've ever "blogged" so I don't know if I'll be any good at this. Hope I'm not boring and you actually read this little entry till the end. Anyways, I will be playing Kaylin in Nian and am very excited about that! I adore this show and think it's going to be wonderful when we open in April. It seems so far away till then but I know it's going to creep up on us fast! I'm a junior B.A. Theatre Education major with an Emphasis in Acting at Emerson College. And although I've never been a musical theatre kid, I guess I'm getting sucked into it now with this show . . . funny, how they'll get ya, huh?

So last night was my first singing rehearsal for Nian and it was a lot of fun. Juri is our great musical director and working with her was not only professional and easy, but it really helped me put the story behind the lyrics. Kaylin is a strong young woman, but she does have a vulnerable side and that part of her comes through in her songs. She's a great character to play and I know I will discover more and more about her with every rehearsal.

(Are you still reading this? Good!) I just clicked on the Surviving the Nian blog site and wow! That's my face! On the right-hand side of the page. I guess that's the poster they're using for the show. It looks fantastic! And I love the fun picture of Abria and I on the bottom. That picture was in the METRO last week (something I did not discover on my own but was told via text message by friends who had seen it). All this publicity for the show is great and I hope it brings in a wide variety of audience members, because it really is a relatable story on so many levels. Plus, it'll give my mom something to brag about. ;-)




Megumi March 8th

No comments: