Sunday, April 15, 2007

Aiyah! nerves! -- Keep writing

The cast had their last rehearsal in the rehearsal space yesterday. It
hit me hard as I realized that we were loading in Monday, and that in
less than a week, the show will be up. I just couldn't believe it.
Last night, I couldn't even sleep. I kept worrying about how my
friends were going to get tickets. I kept worrying that my mom will
leave during intermission and not return to see the 2nd Act. I spent
the night with my eyes squeezed tight trying to slow down time so that
maybe opening night won't come so fast, because if opening night
doesn't come then closing night won't come. Then this will never be
over.

I'm not quite ready to finish this story yet. A part of me wants to
keep writing. I want to know what happens to Asha and Kaylin, Vincent
and Jessie, and Tony. And Mother. But definitely the story has come to
a point where there is closure. There is a really sweet and touching
ending to the story, and there is some closure to certain issues in my
life too, which makes this premiere so appropriate. As if I'm closing
one of the many chapters of my life. I just wish it was easier to let
go.





Melissa April 10

2 comments:

Eugene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eugene said...

I deleted the other post because the link was wrong. Here is the correct link:

http://www.bprlive.org/2007/04/23/surviving-the-nian/