Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Week to opening!

we have exactly one week until opening night and i am both incredibly
excited and yet extremely nervous. will people like it? will the music
sound good in context? will the story work? will everything flow? will
the actors enjoy themselves onstage? will i enjoy myself in the
audience? ahhh!!!

today we had chinese lessons with the actors. everyone has at least
two or three cantonese phrases they use in the play, yes even Asha,
and none of the cast actually speak cantonese. in fact, no one at
rehearsal can speak or understand cantonese except me, so when they're
off in their pronunciation, I'm the only one who notices.

the actors all had fun pronouncing "cho sam" i think it's their
favorite. i know it's definitely megumi's favorite. i'm still trying
to get them to hit "tong yuen" right.

i'm enjoying the connection between Megumi and Abria more and more
each day. Kaylin and Asha are hot together, they have amazing
chemistry, (except when kaylin is being self-absorbed and bratty,
which is when I just wish Asha would leave her ass and find herself
some other hot lesbian in hong kong).

Hyunsoo is a punk in real life, kind of like my own brother, which is
really nice for the role of Vincent. Gary is so sweet I really wish I
had an Uncle just like him, although I wouldn't want him performing
acupuncture on me. :)

Mariko told me today she wishes she got to play a lesbian because it's
fun playing roles that are nothing like who you really are. Maybe in
my next play she can be the butch lesbian?

And Judy, well she is still cute to me, even in her motherly clothing.




Melissa April 7

No comments: