Sunday, April 15, 2007

HERE WE ARE IN HONG KONG!

Well . . . almost. Yesterday we said goodbye to our silver walled rehearsal studio that's been our home for about a month and moved into the theatre today. And WOW! The set looks great! And it's not even 100% complete yet. Which is very exciting because I'm already impressed. Moving onto the stage and seeing the dinner table, the Wu home, and the acupuncture shop makes everything feel more real to me. It helps me envision Kaylin's environment better and understand her world that much more. The dinner table has got to be the coolest set piece so far. That giant table just slides in and out of scenes, appearing with all the utensils set and food! Wish I could have that in my apartment! Life would be so easy . . .

Tomorrow will be another busy day. Class in the morning, frantic attempt to write my 10 page analysis paper in the afternoon, another class, a costume meeting with Amanda, and then a run through with tech in the space of Act II till 11pm. Busy busy busy! But all very exciting stuff. I can't believe previews are this Saturday! And while I'm looking forward to this weekend, I'll be much more excited about the following weekend, when my family will come up to see me! 11 days and counting! Yay!




Megumi April 9

No comments: