Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Melissa has publicity issues.

Boston Pride Committee emailed me recently asking me to submit a press kit. I used to have a press kit, back in 2001, but it's been so long, I'm kind of forgetting how to do this promotion thing. I emailed back my myspace page, but I guess that wasn't quite what they were looking for. :)

I called up my best friend Han Yu, brilliant artist, designer & webmistress - so talented! And she's designing my press kit. I realize that most of the people who know me and my music now, know me because of the fabulous work she's done for me on www.melissali.com. It is a little outdated, but it's so beautifully designed.

Paris G is sharpening her skills as a photographer, and I'm pleased to find out that she would be willing to take my publicity shots, which might end up on my new album. Speaking of Paris, it was great doing the True Colors performance at Glam with her and Gillie. That was a pretty crazy night, and quite literally when we were backstage during the auction, we both suddenly didn't want to go on. But Evelyn (our mentor and our True Colors director when we were in the troupe) wasn't there and we all knew that if she were there, we would have gone on without question. And we did. We got up on that stage and did our best because we knew Evelyn would have been proud of us.




Melissa Feb 28

No comments: